- Strong focus on professional and career development
- Opportunity to showcase your leadership skills
- On site car park
This is a great opportunity for a Registered Nurse looking to advance their career and leadership skills.
About the role
Leading your theatre team, you will be responsible for nursing activity and the efficient and effective operation and running of the cranial and spinal theatres with regard to human and material resources.
You will promote a culture of clinical excellence that is based on person-centred care and work collaboratively with clinical, medical, administrative and allied health professionals to deliver quality, safe care and services.
Hours will be negotiated with the successful candidate, although the desired hours are 67.5 - 75 hours per fortnight rostered Monday - Friday. In addition, on-call and weekend standby shifts are expected.
About The Hospital
Located on the edge of Adelaide's CBD adjacent to the beautiful south eastern park land, St Andrew's is the largest independent private Hospital in Australia, with more than 30,000 procedures being performed each year.
Our patients are admitted electively or via our Emergency Service, and are supported by a Critical Care Unit and Cardiac Unit.
Our preferred candidate will be a Registered Nurse with significant experience as a scrub/scout nurse in cranial and spinal procedures.
The position requires the ability to work autonomously and as senior member of the clinical team.
In addition, you will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to legally live and work in Australia
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Relevant and recent experience as a scrub/scout nurse
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with both Medical Officers and nurses
- A commitment to delivering best practice patient care.
- An interest in mentoring and educating our up and coming Theatre Nurses
Relevant Post Graduate qualifications will be highly regarded.
Benefits and Culture
At St Andrew’s we believe that relationships matter, and our people are the key to our success. Our committed leadership team, and open and inclusive culture, is reflected in our significant levels of staff tenure and high job satisfaction.
In-house we offer an extensive program of clinical education, hands on workshops and Manager Toolkit training sessions for new and aspiring leaders. St Andrew’s ensures a supportive learning environment.
In addition to our positive culture, staff at St Andrew’s enjoy superior working conditions and benefits, including:
- generous salary packaging benefits
- regular staff recognition events
- an extensive clinical education program and support for further study
- leadership development programs
- a strong commitment to flexible working arrangements, including up to 16 weeks paid parental leave, and a range of well-being initiatives.
Please contact: Renee McHugh, Clinical Manager – Theatre on
(08) 8408 2041 / 2473 or [email protected]
- Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
- Upload a combined cover letter and resume (with references) outlining your relevant experience for this role.
- Address The cover letter to Rebecca Wyness. Director Human Resources
Closing date is Monday 11th February 2019