SOUTH BURNETT REGIONAL COUNCIL TEAM LEADER – WATER & WASTEWATER - 2409
Position Title / No.
TEAM LEADER – WATER & WASTWATER. 2409
Permanent. Full Time.
Field Staff - 2011
Water & Wastewater
Coordinator - Reticulation
$54K - $57K + Allowances + 12% Super
38 hour week.
6.00 AM – 3.00 PM Mon – Fri
30 minute lunch breaks
9 day fortnight roster
Applications to be submitted to Employment Matters
May be directed by phone to Employment Matters on 0429 000 139
OR by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accountability - We accept responsibility for our actions and decisions in managing the regions resources.
Community - Building partnerships and delivering quality customer service.
Harmony - Our people working cooperatively to achieve common goals in a supportive and safe environment.
Innovation – Encouraging an innovative and resourceful workplace.
Ethical Conduct – We behave fairly with open, honest and accountable behaviour and consistent decision-making.
Vision – This is the driving force behind our actions and responsibilities.
Excellence – Striving to deliver excellent environmental, social and economic outcomes
To provide skilled assistance to the Supervisors and teams responsible for the delivery of construction and maintenance activities for Council’s water and wastewater infrastructure across the region.
Key duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead allocated teams to complete tasks effectively, efficiently and within budgeted timeframes while meeting water and wastewater standards.
- Assist Supervisors to plan and program construction and maintenance activities across the region.
- Provide support to the team in periods of absences by the Supervisor using discretion and judgement while coordinating and scheduling works and its required resources.
- To give direction on Council’s methods, operating procedures and guidelines and ensure they are followed while monitoring construction and maintenance standards and undertake remedial actions as required.
- Perform labouring duties and to operate and maintain small plant and machinery to identified standard.
- Undertake traffic control and implement traffic management plans as required.
- Manage and record labour, contractors and material resources brought onsite and assist the Supervisor with measure ups and quantity estimates.
- Read and interpret basic plans and instructions.
- Complete and maintain administrative and Safety records eg. Timesheets, Toolbox registers.
- Liaise with property owners and residents as well as other members of the public affected or involved in the assigned duties.
- Managing work teams to ensure Council resources are organised efficiently while exercising judgement in the selection of required external services.
- Complete additional activities and reasonable directions given by management.
Participation in after hours and weekend work is a requirement of this position
Level of fitness required to undertake a broad range of physical tasks
Working outdoors in hot conditions
Immunisation injections will be required for Tetanus, Hepatitis A and B
Qualifications. Licences. Tickets
Certificate III in Civil Construction (Pipe laying) or commitment to obtain
Minimum requirement of a current C Class driver’s licence
General Safety Induction for Construction Worker Certification (White Card)
Certificate IV in Civil Construction and Supervision (desirable)
Traffic Management – Level 3 (desirable)
Truck (MR, HR or HC) Licence (desirable)
Plant Operator tickets (desirable)
Key Selection Criteria
A Selection Criteria questionnaire will be e-mailed to all Applicants for completion and submission by return e-mail.
Workplace Health & Safety
The employee will comply with their health and safety duties as detailed in the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and Council’s Workplace Health and Safety Management System Plan. Employees will also comply with:
- Their health and safety duties as stated in Councils procedure titled Work Health and Safety Duties and Responsibility Statement.
- Instructions given by the manager and/or supervisor in respect of the health and safety of themselves and other persons.
The employee will provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
Fraud, Corruption & Risk management
Report any risks identified (including fraud and corruption) in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to routine day to day activities and special projects.
Participate and contribute to the conduct of a documented risk assessment that includes fraud and corruption prevention, evaluation, analysis and mitigation of Council’s risk exposure.
Security of Council information viewed or accessed during the performance of duties is contained in the provisions of the Employee Code of Conduct. Subsequently, employees are required to ensure the security and appropriate intended use of Council information at all times.