Business Analyst (Vpsg5)
COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria
Provide business analysis experience and expertise across part or all of the project life cycle
- Multiple Roles
- ASAP start
- Full Time, Fixed Term until 30/11/2021
At COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria, we're looking for people who want to make a difference. People who take pride in their work. People who get things done. People who are committed to making Victoria a safer place.
We embrace diversity and strive to have a workforce that reflects the community we serve. We're all about recruiting the best people, regardless of gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or cultural background. If you think you can do the job and would be a good fit for our organisation, we'd love to hear from you.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or require an alternative format to any of the application material, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria (CQV) is responsible for Victoria's COVID-19 Accommodation response, including:
- Mandatory quarantine for returned overseas travellers
- Emergency Accommodation for people that cannot safely isolate/quarantine in their accommodation.
The Victorian Chief Health Officer has mandated that all returning overseas travellers arriving in Victoria must go into mandatory quarantine for 14 days from the day of their arrival to help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
In addition, CQV is responsible for the operation of Victoria's Emergency Accommodation program for community members and their close contacts who have tested positive for COVID-19 and where an assessment has concluded that there are no other suitable alternative accommodation options for self-isolation.
Infection control and prevention is the primary objective of the mandatory quarantine and emergency accommodation programs.
About the role
As a member of project/program delivery team, the Business Analyst will provide business analysis experience and expertise across part or all of the project lifecycle for assigned projects. Additionally, this role may contribute to the building analysis maturity and capability of CQV including supporting, mentoring, and sourcing business analysis resources.
Key activities of the roles include
- Provide thought leadership and develop best practice for business analysis to deliver continuous improvement, transforming the ICT landscape and delivering business value.
- Identify and respond to emerging trends and opportunities for business analysis, leading change to improve service performance and/or products to resolve major business analysis challenges.
- Provide expert subject matter professional advice and leadership in business analysis, the executive, business unit leaders and cross-functional teams leading departmental compliance and benefits realisation.
- Deliver major and minor work packages focussed on Business Process Re‐engineering and Business Process Modelling, Data and Financial Modelling, seeking to create business value
- Participate in selection and ensure appropriate use of methods, tools, techniques (for waterfall, iterative and agile) for business analysis approaches, including producing, maintaining and implementing the appropriate business analysis documentation and plans.
- Prepare business cases, translating client requirements into highly quality project briefs.
- Report on the progress of assigned tasks, identify and communicate risks and issues as they arise, and work collaboratively to mitigate and resolve them, respectively.
- Other tasks as directed.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the planning, workshop facilitation, identification/elicitation, documentation, review and analysis to produce business cases, business requirements, business processes (as-is and to-be), and related project documentation as necessary.
- Experienced in developing and understanding process diagrams, use-cases, data flows, ER diagrams, user screen designs, and related as necessary.
- Experienced in supporting and participating in the planning, preparation and execution of user acceptance testing.
- Experienced in supporting and implementing the hand-over to BAU of new business solutions, business processes, procedures and policies.
- Ability to undertake business analysis related project activities on assigned projects.
- Ability to effectively use workplace tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Ability to provide authoritative advice on Business Analysis, mentor staff, and perform quality assurance as may be required.
All appointments to CQV are subject to reference checks, pre-employment misconduct screening and criminal record checks. Some positions may also be subject to a medical check and/or ‘Working with Children Check'.
Employment may also be subject to a number of additional pre-employment security and safety checks, including, but not limited to:
- Pre-employment Security Check (Declaration Form).
- National Police Record and Fingerprints Check and International Police Clearance (if applicable).
- VicRoads Information Check.
How to apply
- Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
- If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or require an alternative format to any of the application material, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on this ad.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: