Principal Policy Officer, Covid-19 Directions Policy (Vpsg6)
Department of Health
The Department of Health plays a critical role in the Victorian health system and is responsible for shaping it to meet the health needs of Victorians into the future. We also lead the Victorian Government's response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Working with our partners, we oversee Victoria's health system including mental health, ageing and aged care and preventive health. We are committed to developing and supporting a workforce that is well equipped and highly motivated to provide responsive and quality services to all Victorians. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, LGBTQI+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds and differences to realise the potential of our employees for innovation and delivering services.
Application Closes: 28 April 2021
Role: Principal Policy Officer, COVID-19 Directions Policy (until 31 Decemeber 2021)
Number of vacancies available: 1
Office Location(s): 50 Lonsdale Street/Work from home
The purpose of the role is to lead policy and strategy work to support the issuing of Directions under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008. This role will support the ongoing management of the Victorian Government response to COVID-19, as the State moves out of the critical response period for this pandemic. You will work very closely with key parts of the Department of Health, public health and legal experts and other government departments.
- Provide high quality business intelligence, authoritative advice and sound policy recommendations to senior management and government based on comprehensive research Provide high quality business intelligence, authoritative advice and sound policy recommendations to senior management and government based on comprehensive research.
- Oversee the development of policy and initiatives that meet government and departmental objectives within resourcing, timeline and budget parameters.
- Review and report on high priority issues, risks and trends and prepare and present comprehensive reports, ministerial briefs and cabinet and agency submissions on complex issues.
- Pro-actively build and maintain effective working relationships and facilitate the flow of information across the department and with key external stakeholders.
- Maintain an understanding of Commonwealth and State legislative and policy reform directions to influence policy development.
- Represent the department on key stakeholder committees and groups concerned with achieving government and departmental objectives, lead relevant committee and governance processes.
- Assist with identify, developing and analysing complex options and provide high level policy advice on COVID-19 related and specific issues.
- Prepare and contribute to the preparation of timely and well researched submissions, briefs and notes on complex policy issues, including Crisis Council of Cabinet submissions.
- Keep accurate and complete records of your work activities in accordance with legislative requirements and the department's records, information security and privacy policies and requirements.
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and for that of others in the workplace by working in accordance with legislative requirements and the department's occupational health and safety (OHS) policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate how the actions and outcomes of this role and work unit impact clients and the department's ability to deliver, or facilitate the delivery of, effective support and services.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are encouraged to apply online, submitting a cover letter and a current resume.
Please note: For this position, you are not required to address each of the key selection criteria in a separate written document.
Preferred candidates will be required to complete pre-employment screening, including a national police check and misconduct screening.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process.For further information please visit the Department of Health
Click 'Apply Now' to submit your interest in this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: