Manager, Assurance & Audit (Solar Victoria) (Vpsg6)
Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
• Support the delivery of Solar Victoria’s assurance framework by leading a collaborative approach with both internal and external stakeholders>
• Champion a culture of safety, quality and compliance
• Location: Melbourne or Morwell Fantastic opportunity to provide leadership, ensuring that the Solar Homes program is delivered safely whilst meeting quality standards.
The Manager Assurance and Audit is responsible for leading a risk-based program of activities that develop and promote a strong culture of compliance by solar industry participants. The successful candidate will contribute to the leadership of the Risk, Assurance and Standards Division and is charged with delivery of the organisation's assurance framework.
The successful candidate will implement various risk-based assurance projects both directly and through outsourced providers that deliver on the organisation's objective to ensure the Solar Homes program is delivered safely and meeting quality expectations. The successful candidate will also contribute to, or directly provide authoritative and timely advice, briefings, reports, and project plans for a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Extensive demonstrated experience leading audit and program management, with demonstrated experience in risk-based audit design and execution
- A collaborative and supportive people leader who takes pride in developing and empowering team members to meet their full potential, working with their team to achieve the best outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to credibly communicate at all levels of an organisation and externally on behalf of an organisation
- Tertiary level qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience is highly desired.
This is a fixed term position available for a period of 2 years.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the Key Selection Criteria detailed in the position description, including the Specialist/Technical Expertise/Qualifications and capabilities sections.
For further information please refer to the attached position description.
Applications close at midnight on Tuesday 27 April 2021.
Other relevant information:
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a Declaration and Consent form and a National Police Check.
Applicants must possess corresponding work rights to be eligible for appointment for the advertised employment period. To be appointed to an ongoing position you must be an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian/New Zealand citizen.
We are building an inclusive workplace to help realise the potential of our employees, embrace our differences, and apply our diverse thinking to innovation and delivering services to Victorian communities. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: