Senior Data Analyst (Vpsg5.1)
Office of the Legal Services Commissioner
The Victorian Legal Services Board and Commissioner (VLSB+C) is the independent regulator of the legal profession in Victoria. We are responsible for the granting of licences to, and investigating and acting on complaints about, the conduct of lawyers. As a modern regulator, we focus on behaviour that causes the greatest harm to the community. We try to prevent or mitigate this, including by educating lawyers in compliance and harm reduction, and improving the public’s understanding of the legal sector to help ensure all Victorians have access to effective and high-quality justice. Our people are passionate about supporting the rule of law by ensuring the integrity of the legal profession.
About the Position
In this role the successful candidate will focus on providing technical expertise in statistical and data analytics to increase the efficiency and accuracy of regulatory, compliance, and educational programs. Drawing on your experience, you'll be developing sophisticated analytical models to develop strategies for improving data driven decision making as well as delivering insight to business problems.
- Provides key support to the Manager, Data Insights in implementing data governance, data analytics and business intelligence platform.
- Lead the development and implementation of new systems, tools and approaches for analysis and reporting to satisfy business requirements as well as maintenance of business intelligence platform.
- Lead the analysis and interpretation of business data using statistical, financial, and economic and trend analysis.
- Prepare and present reports to variety of stakeholders on a regular and ad-hoc basis as directed by the Manager, Data Insights
- Develop and enhance organisational capability to use data to identify and quantify regulatory risks and develop more efficient, targeted approaches to addressing those risks.
- Relevant information technology, mathematics, statistics, data science/business analytics or economics/econometrics qualifications or demonstrated, relevant, equivalent professional experience.
- Experience working in a regulatory environment would be advantageous
Culture and benefits
At VLSB+C we value our employees, and we offer a professional and friendly environment that focusses on delivering high-quality services. We are driven by our culture and values, which underpin the work we do: we value relationships; we are professional; we adapt; we are courageous and authentic and we collaborate.
Our employees have access to a range of benefits, including:
- competitive remuneration
- an environment that genuinely supports work-life balance with attractive leave options and flexible working arrangements
- a calendar of wellbeing programs
- extensive learning and development opportunities
The Application Process
When submitting your application, please attach your CV and responses to the key selection criteria questions in the Job Application form (MANDATORY). Individual responses to ‘key selection criteria' listed on the Position Description are not required. Attachments can be uploaded in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. Employment of successful candidates will be subject to a National Police Check.
The Victorian Legal Services Board and Commissioner (VLSB+C) is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
It is the policy of the VLSB+C to provide workplace adjustments for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application/interview process, please contact Perry Karavas, Senior People & Culture Business Partner on (03) 9679 8063 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: