Procurement Specialist (Vpsg6)
Department of Transport
The Department of Transport (DoT) brings together all transport modes to design, plan, build and operate Victoria's transport system. Our job is to further integrate the transport network and improve the delivery of services to Victorians for simpler, quicker and safer journeys that connect people and places and support Victoria's prosperity and liveability. We are excited to offer this opportunity for you to become part of the Department that delivers more choice, connections and confidence in our travel, ensuring the whole transport network works as one to deliver better services and outcomes.
- VPS6: $124,033 - $165,983 per annum plus superannuation
- 18 month Full Time Fixed Term Contract
- Located in Melbourne CBD (flexible/working from home arrangements)
About Investment and Technology
To provide investment strategy and deliver commercial and information technology services to drive high performance and improved commercial outcomes for the State.
About the opportunity
The Federal Government is delivering a $2bn Road Safety Program, of which, several stimulus initiatives through the Safer Roads team will be delivered within Victoria. The Program is fast-paced and focused on outcomes that deliver value to the State.
You are an energetic, hands-on project focussed and ambitious individual who as Procurement Specialist, will engage with business stakeholders in the Safer Roads team and broader Department to plan and execute procurement initiatives, with a focus on achieving high quality, fit for purpose sourcing outcomes that will make a difference to the people of Victoria.
You will be working with the Safer Roads team to co-develop a sourcing pipeline and strategy so that procurements can be project managed appropriately. You will collaboratively develop the go to market strategy, provide strategic support throughout the market engagement and lead supplier negotiations through to contract award as well as provide any other procurement support required for supplier engagement and delegate approval.
Key Selection Criteria
- Proven experience in developing a forward procurement plan and market analysis to satisfy strategic sourcing requirements.
- Thinks at the big picture level; entertains wide-ranging possibilities in developing a vision for the future; works to deadlines; translates strategic direction into day-to-day activities.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develops and edits key procurement documentation.
- Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably.
- Ability to drive change across the Procurement team and the relevant business unit.
For further detail regarding the position, please refer to the PD attached.
Culture and Benefits
The Department of Transport is committed to building a culture of developing our people to achieve great outcomes for the Victorian transport network. We are proud of our commitment to flexible work arrangements that support different ways of working, helping employees balance work and life.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Alex Bonner on 0409 449 520.
How to apply:
Please formally submit your application online. Applications close 11.59pm Monday, 26th April 2021.
Preferred applicants may be subject to pre-employment checks. Information provided to the Department of Transport will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: