Test Automation (Vpsg5)
COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria
Collaborate with developers, business analysts and users
At COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria, we're looking for people who want to make a difference. People who take pride in their work. People who get things done. People who are committed to making Victoria a safer place.
We embrace diversity and strive to have a workforce that reflects the community we serve. We're all about recruiting the best people, regardless of gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or cultural background. If you think you can do the job and would be a good fit for our organisation, we'd love to hear from you.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or require an alternative format to any of the application material, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria (CQV) is responsible for Victoria's COVID-19 Accommodation response, including:
- Mandatory quarantine for returned overseas travellers
- Emergency Accommodation for people that cannot safely isolate/quarantine in their accommodation.
The Victorian Chief Health Officer has mandated that all returning overseas travellers arriving in Victoria must go into mandatory quarantine for 14 days from the day of their arrival to help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
In addition, CQV is responsible for the operation of Victoria's Emergency Accommodation program for community members and their close contacts who have tested positive for COVID-19 and where an assessment has concluded that there are no other suitable alternative accommodation options for self-isolation.
Infection control and prevention is the primary objective of the mandatory quarantine and emergency accommodation programs.
About the role
The Test Automation will be responsible for providing automation testing advice and services, assists other team members with automated test issues and will play an integral role, under a variety of project and software development methodologies including waterfall, iterative, incremental and agile, of collaboratively ensuring the conversion of business requirements into successful tested outcomes for the business meeting agreed business quality expectations.
Key activities of the roles include
- Collaborating with developers, business analysts and users to understand testing needs and identify opportunities for automated testing.
- Ensuring that automated test scripts are created, maintained and executed to meet software release deliverables and project testing requirements.
- Ensure that automated test scripts are created, maintained and executed to create test and training data.
- Ensuring application and infrastructure changes are thoroughly tested and test tools are used appropriately to ensure an effective and efficient test process.
- Ensuring that automated test scripts are created, maintained and executed to support integrated testing.
- Provide recommendations on suitable test tools and their maintenance to support automated testing needs.
- Providing technical support for test tool applications.
- Providing accurate reporting of problems identified during test execution and ensuring appropriate resolution.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of test quality by undertaking reviews and recommending improvements.
- Reviewing project plans prepared by Project Managers to ensure realistic estimates for automation testing activities.
- Provide assistance in the creation and maintenance of test documents.
- Assisting and mentoring members of the Test Team with various automation and load testing challenges.
- Perform manual testing when required.
- Being seen by all ICT staff and customers as upholding ICT values, processes and decisions.
- Contribute to robust discussion regarding all aspects of ICT projects, service, support, infrastructure, design, policy, process and business planning.
- Advance processes and procedures to improve the standard and efficiency of the Application Delivery team.
- Promote a strong internal service culture, ensuring a service delivery approach that is responsive to the operational and strategic needs of the organisation.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- High level skills and demonstrated experience in a Senior Automation role.
- Demonstrated high level of expertise and experience with best practice test management tools, processes and methodologies.
- Experience across a range of waterfall, iterative, incremental and agile software development methodologies with particular emphasis on testing, change management, release management and quality assurance disciplines.
- Understanding and application of process improvement techniques and thorough knowledge of current issues and trends in Information Technology.
- Systems analysis and design knowledge and understanding of application, enterprise and solutions architecture.
- Experience with applications development and systems integration and an understanding of Enterprise and Solution Architecture.
All appointments to CQV are subject to reference checks, pre-employment misconduct screening and criminal record checks. Some positions may also be subject to a medical check and/or ‘Working with Children Check'.
Employment may also be subject to a number of additional pre-employment security and safety checks, including, but not limited to:
- Pre-employment Security Check (Declaration Form).
- National Police Record and Fingerprints Check and International Police Clearance (if applicable).
- VicRoads Information Check.
How to apply
- Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
- In accordance with the Jobs and Skills Exchange Recruitment Policy, only Victorian Public Service employees are eligible to apply for this position. People on labour hire contracts, such as agency staff and contractors, are not eligible to apply.
- If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or require an alternative format to any of the application material, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on this ad.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: