Principal Business Risk Advisor
Brisbane City, QLD
As our new Principal Business Risk Advisor, you will drive a risk aware culture across RACQ Insurance through robust risk advice to management or risk owners on risk, compliance and assurance while working closely with the second and line risk team..
- Engage with, advocate to, and support management or risk owners in applying effective risk practices and generating appropriate risk behaviours
- Undertake and support execution of assurance/compliance related checks of risk controls and treatments within the business
- Perform risk reviews to identify trends and improvement opportunities using risk data
- Partner with the business to uplift risk management capability, improve operational efficiencies, improve governance, uphold best practices and assist the business to promote a strong risk culture
- Establishing effective working relationships through “hands on” support with managers and staff at all levels
- Collaborate with, and support, other risk and compliance functional staff
- Support, advocate for, and guide the implementation of localised risk and compliance management policies, processes and requirements with supported business groups
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the risk management framework
- Demonstratable experience in Risk, Compliance or Assurance within a general insurance or financial services organisation
- Strong knowledge of all facets of operational risk, regulatory risk and compliance risk
- Demonstrated familiarity with operational aspects of the insurance industry preferred
- Relevant Tertiary Education in business, risk management, change management, or accounting/commerce
- An enquiring mind and inquisitive nature to bore into issues, practices or organisations regardless of obstacles
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, e.g. reporting writing etc
- Strong working knowledge across continuous improvement coaching, facilitation and advocacy
- Insurance operations, and regulatory environments
- Critical analysis of problems to uncover hidden insights
It is an exciting time to be part of RACQ as we continue our transformation towards better, smarter solutions that deliver more security and prosperity for Queenslanders. We are big enough to make a real difference in our community, yet small enough to nurture your professional and personal development.
We are committed to ensuring that every employee has access to flexibility in their role. We encourage all candidates to discuss what flexibility means to you and how we can help you find your balance.
There are plenty of other perks, too.
- Onsite parking, employee gym & café
- Free Roadside Assistance, significant discounts on Banking, Assistance, Insurance and Travel products for you and your family
- Significant discounts on holidays, theme parks, movies, new cars, experiences and so much more
Ready to apply? You’ve got this.
Please Note: you may be required to complete video interviews, psychometric testing, a medical and/or criminal history check as part of the application process.
RACQ is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Questions? Please contact [email protected] or visit www.racq.com.au/about/careers/our-recruitment-process
Eight Mile Plains 2649 Logan Road Eight Mile Plains 4113
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: