Senior Strategy Manager (12 Mth Ftc
Australia Post Corporation
Eg: 'Marketing, Melbourne', 'Mail Delivery' or 'NSW'
Apply now Job no: 53675411
Brand: Australia Post
Categories: Corporate Services
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
Australia Post Group (including Australia Post, StarTrack, Decipha & SecurePay) is one of the most trusted brands in Australia. Employing over 35,000 people across our integrated delivery, logistics and e-Commerce network – we love delivering! Through our huge range of services, we help communities stay connected, businesses reach new customers and people stay in touch. We’re committed to helping our people, customers and communities build a better future.
What it’s like to work here
A career at Australia Post Group can lead down many paths. There are a variety of roles to suit all sorts of skills and you will also have the chance to learn from the best people; everyone, everywhere, every day. For us, an engaging, enjoyable workplace is the foundation for great work which is why your attitude and your passion is just as important to us as your experience.
What does the role involve?
At the forefront of this exciting evolution of the business is our Corporate Strategy team, which is responsible for driving the development and delivery of the Australia Post enterprise strategy, as well as being an integral part of supporting the Business Units on major initiatives and strategies, and the planning and delivery of organisational transformation.
You will be supporting the businesses to deliver their strategies across all areas including customer experience, innovation and efficiency. Some recent project involvements of the team include delivery experience improvements, digital integration with merchants, returns solutions, new online payment solutions, new delivery technologies and integration of our different networks.
This role will see you working hand in hand with your colleagues to develop strategic initiatives alongside building strategic capabilities across the broader enterprise – you will become one of the enterprise leaders in strategic thinking. Your ability to influence GMs and Executive GMs to drive strategic decision-making and realise tangible results will be a key part of this role – this is where you can make your impact.
The role of Senior Strategy Manager also includes
- Supporting the Head of Strategy or General Manager Corporate Strategy in addressing enterprise-wide strategic issues (ambiguous, complex, long term, cross-business) and developing implementation roadmaps
- Independently leading program workstreams including analysis planning and timing
- Engaging with multiple stakeholders across various levels (up to GM and Executive GM) of the organisation to drive strategic decision making and outcomes
What are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualifications in Business/ Commerce, Economics, Engineering or other relevant fields
- Learned the strategy tools of the trade at a tier-1 management consulting or investment banking firm, or in a strategy role at a large corporate (knowledge of postal, logistics, retail, or financial services is viewed favourably)
- Participated as an effective team member in large-scale transformation programs, and potentially managed small, cross-business teams;
- Undertaken quantitative & financial business analysis, extracting insights, particularly in areas of ambiguity as well as being able to frame and structure problems;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels in the organisation, engaging and influencing senior stakeholders;
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, particularly in analysis and presentations (essential)
We believe investing in our people is good business
That’s why we have a team dedicated to career coaching and support for our employees. And we know that your life outside of work matters. So while we work hard, we also have a culture that promotes a genuine work/life balance.
Together, our differences make us stronger
With a reach across Australia and beyond, we’re building a workforce that’s as diverse as the communities we serve. Learn more about how we're supporting inclusion at Australia Post, here. If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Diversity Team at email@example.com.
Australia Post welcomes applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders. Check out this short video to find out how we acknowledge and pay our respects to the Traditional Custodians of the land we operate on.
Ready to join the transformation of Australia Post?Please click 'Apply Now' and please remember to upload your details and your most recent resume. #LI
Advertised: 31 Mar 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Apr 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Already applied?Check the progress of your application, or update your details.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: