National People And Development Director
Omnicom Media Group Holdings Inc.
National People and Development Director | Sydney-NSW
Category: Admin - People & Culture Manager/Recruitment
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
Business Unit: PHD
Attachments: No File Attached
Application Close Date: 01-May-2021
Share This:Job Description
National People & Development Director
PHD, Omnicom Media Group – Employer of Choice
The role of the People Team at PHD is to develop and deliver best practice people and talent management programs that align with PHD's overall business strategy. The role of the National People & Development Director is to work closely with the Executive Team, the talent team, our senior stakeholders and leadership team, Nationally, to support and grow PHD's people.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate with experience at an HR Manager/HR Business Partner level to step into an autonomous and exciting role and to be part of a high-performing HR team that values strategic talent management and empowerment.
The PHD People Team is multi-awarded (Training Excellence Award, Australian Business Awards 2020, Employer of Choice, Australian Business Awards 2019 & 2020 and Most Innovative HR Teams, 2020 & 2021) and values Collaboration, Courage, Curiosity and Creativity.
Who are we?
PHD is a strategic-led planning and buying media agency, a vital part of the Omnicom Media Group and Australia's fastest growing media network. Today, we are one of the most acclaimed media and communications agency networks globally and locally, here in Australia, we are recognised as an Employer of Choice as well as Australia's 2 nd most innovative company by the Australian Financial Review.
Built on a culture of creativity and innovation, PHD substantially invests in its people and culture to generate a unique, energetic and collaborative working environment that inspires.
You will be responsible for leading and driving the implementation of PHD's People practices and initiatives day-to-day whilst providing human support to our 200+ staff. This includes:
- P&D STRATEGY AND LEADERSHIP
- Development and execution of the People Strategy through the proactive delivery of P&D programs and initiatives, adding value through business partnering, collaboration and best practice
- Active involvement in the development and implementation of our Diversity and Inclusion strategy and initiatives.
- Devise and imbed a capability and development strategy and set the training agenda for the agency focusing on both leadership and professional development as well as job specific technical training in collaboration with senior management.
- Build a strong People team at PHD, responsible for achieving a strong employment brand and high levels of employee retention and engagement
- TALENT ACQUISITION
- Partner closely with the Talent Team to develop an effective talent acquisition strategy that sources, activates and attracts top talent
- Be the custodian of the employer brand and leverage opportunities to promote and advocate PHD as an employer of choice
- Internally, be the facilitator of transfers between brands of OMGA and teams
- TALENT ALIGNMENT
- Review job descriptions and update with these in consultation with managers as and when required.
- Work with the executive team to ensure that the agency's vision and goals are clearly articulated and visible to all employees and ensure these goals cascade down to functional and individual goals.
- Custodian of the performance management & review process and ensure this aligns with the overall talent management strategy
- Support senior leadership team and in best practice leadership for their own teams
- TALENT DEVELOPMENT
- Develop agency capability and effectiveness initiatives and drive learning throughout the agency through the development, implementation and coordination of training and development programs
- Conduct a skills and capability gap analysis annually to identify training and development needs
- Develop excellence in people leadership and management through a variety of training opportunities
- TALENT RETENTION
- Act as a key driver of the employer brand (internally and externally) and culture and develop workplace cultural strategies for both the Sydney and Melbourne offices.
- Oversee the quarterly nomination reward and recognition program crediting employees for their outstanding behaviour/conduct in line with the agency's values
- Oversee & regularly assess our employee health and wellness initiatives based on needs and feedback
- HR OPERATIONS
- Identification, implementation and overview of HR processes and policies required
- Maintain knowledge of jurisdictional industrial relations legislation changes (under the Fair Work Act 2009) and develop employee relations policies and templates to guide managers through performance and disciplinary processes. Keep abreast of Modern Award stipulations and requirements.
Required skills and attributes
- Minimum 6+ years' experience in a wide variety of HR and IR roles with a Bachelor of HR or related qualification. This should include at least 1 year managing a HR team.
- Successful track record of delivering practical and commercial HR solutions.
- High degree of technical knowledge and understanding of current employment legislation;
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels, and particularly to win the respect of senior management.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to nurture and work in a fast-paced environment.
- High energy, delivery-focused individual who enjoys both the operational and strategic sides of this role.
- A person of good sound judgment, able to establish a high level of trust and credibility in the agency, and act as a trusted advisor to Senior Management at all times.
- Ability to deal sensitively with difficult issues and personalities.
- Organisational agility. Ability to reshape the P&D team to better deliver the business objectives.
- A working knowledge of immigration matters such as Skilled Visas applications. Although we have Immigration firm supporting all applications and lodgements, you will be the conduit to employees on immigration matters
We strongly believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences enrich our work life and quality of work produced. We welcome people of all backgrounds and warmly encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply.
If you are interested in finding our more about this opportunity and any others open across the business, please apply with an up to date version of your resume or email email@example.com
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: