Director, Clinical Governance, Swslhd
New South Wales Department of Premier and Cabinet
There are currently 10 jobs listed by NSW Ministry of Health Director, Clinical Governance, SWSLHD Organisation/Entity: NSW Ministry of Health Job Category:
- Senior Executive | Director
- Sydney Region / Sydney - West
Director, Clinical Governance
Executive Band 1
South Western Sydney Local Health District
- Leadership role in driving a continuous improvement culture to clinical and patient quality and safety, core to the business and strategic agenda of an LHD with circa 16,000 staff and a growing population of 966,450 residents.
- Key executive appointment for a growing local health district that operates 6 acute public hospitals and 14 community health centres, with billions of dollars designated towards capital works projects over coming years.
The Director Clinical Governance plays a key executive leadership role in establishing, directing and managing the clinical governance function for South Western Sydney Local Health District (SWSLHD), core to the LHDs business and strategic plan. They will be responsible for continually promoting and supporting a LHD wide improvement culture to patient safety, clinical excellence and Improvement Science Methodology, provide high level expert advice to the Chief Executive and work collaboratively with the broader executive team and relevant key internal and external stakeholders to ensure patient safety and clinical quality systems across the District are continually assessed, maintained and improved. This includes the continual implementation of the ‘Transforming Your Experience’ initiative, aimed at positively transforming how patients, consumers, staff and communities experience SWSLHDs organisation and services.
For further information, please see the role description and visit https://www.ccentricgroup.com/jobs/director-clinical-governance/
Applying for this Role
You are required to submit a one page covering letter, including a short statement in response to the two targeted questions below:Please detail a time where you have led the implementation of a key strategic initiative centred around continual and long-term improvements to high quality and safe care within and across a large, complex and diverse health environment. How did you measure success? Describe your leadership approach and proven track record in leading improvements to clinical quality and patient safety outcomes in a large, complex service delivery environment. Please detail alterations to systems and processes that directly led to improvements to KPIs for your organisation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in medicine, nursing/midwifery, allied health or other relevant discipline.
- Extensive practical knowledge of clinical systems and health services, including understanding of human and other factors impacting on patient safety.
- Knowledge and understanding of public health policy issues including evidence-based practice, health care safety and quality, health service evaluation, health care funding and resource allocation.
- The ability to provide leadership and direction to enable all sites and service Clinical Governance Staff operate under the one service multiple site philosophy to work towards becoming the safest Local Health District.
This is an ongoing full time, Band 1, Health Service senior executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $236,469 to $259,523 per annum, with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please contact Michael De Santis , Principal at Ccentric on +61 406 499 659 or email@example.com for further information and/or questions about the role.
Please click here to apply for the advert through the Health Career Portal (search by job reference number REQ223163).
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- The selection methods for this role are in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013 and employment arrangements for the NSW public sector.
- Applicants must respond to the two targeted questions and submit an up to date resume. For further guidance, refer to Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service .
- Applicants will need to demonstrate their proficiency in the capabilities outlined in the Role Description. These will be assessed through the recruitment process to determine their suitability for appointment. For further information, refer to the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework .
- To be eligible for employment, you must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen;
- A permanent resident of Australia;
- A New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport; or
- A citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia
- You can only be offered employment in this role for the duration that your current visa allows you to work in Australia; and you can only be offered ongoing employment if you have a permanent visa that allows you to work in Australia.
- Relevant standard screening checks will be undertaken following interviews e.g. National Police Check, Service Checks, Proof of ID etc.
- Click here for information on NSW Health
Applications close: Sunday 2 nd May 2021
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: