Head Of Business Planning
- Facilitate the strategic planning process across Functional areas.
Keolis Downer is the proud operator of Yarra Trams, the oldest and largest light rail network in the world. Since 2009, Keolis Downer has significantly invested in Melbourne’s tram network and community.
As the operator of Yarra Trams, we bring our international expertise to Melbourne to ensure we deliver safer, more reliable passenger services and performance, while increasing the value of the tram network for Melburnians and the thousands of visitors to our city every day.
To deliver on these exciting new challenges, Yarra Trams is looking for an experienced Business Planning professional to facilitate the strategic planning process and support the Leadership Team in identifying strategies to achieve the corporate objectives and ensure that the strategies are embedded within each business unit’s plans.
What the role entails
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Business Planning professional to ensure that there are formal plans in place for Yarra Trams’ future direction and that these plans are aligned with our contractual obligations and shareholders’ interests.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the role involves:
- Facilitating the strategic planning process across the whole organisation to ensure that contractual obligations and long-term strategic goals are identified and planned for;
- Conducting market research and benchmarking on strategic and business initiatives;
- Leading the annual business planning process and cascading corporate strategies to business unit initiatives;
- Developing and reviewing KPIs and setting targets to monitor the effectiveness of the business plan;
- Monitoring and reporting performance of the initiatives and business plan regularly throughout the year.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in business studies, organisational development or a related field;
- 10+ years’ experience in a Business Planning or Strategy role with relevant industry experience preferred;
- Experience in developing end-user guidelines and support tools, and delivering training;
- Proven experience in strategic planning or business consulting;
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Experience in managing a program of works;
- A high level of computer literacy and knowledge of various computer applications, including MS Office skills.
Interested? Click on ‘Apply’ to apply for this vacancy. Only completed online application forms will be accepted.
Yarra Trams is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity across our teams. In support of our Diversity & Inclusion Strategy, we encourage candidates with a disability, of all ages and people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: