Senior Delivery Lead
REA Group Ltd.
The safety and wellbeing of our employees and potential employees are important to us. Our external candidates will have the choice to either interview in our offices or via Zoom. Not only do we wish to protect the health and safety of our people, we want to assure candidates that there is no expectation from REA to meet face-to-face. A virtual interview will not adversely impact your application. If you have any questions or concerns, this can be discussed through the screening process.
An Australian start-up success story we’re quietly proud of.
From a garage in Melbourne to the global stage is an achievement we’re humbled by. Our idea to put pictures of houses on the internet has blossomed since 1995, and we now have businesses across Australia, Asia, India and North America.
Our purpose is to change the way the world experiences property. No matter where you’re at on your property journey, we’re here to help on every step – whether that’s buying, selling, renting or renovating.
Some of our brands include realestate.com.au, realcommercial.com.au, spacely.com.au, Flatmates.com.au, Hometrack.com.au and Smartline.com.au.
What we’re doing:
The Senior Delivery Lead, role sits within the Financial Services business, headed up by CFO, Janelle Hopkins. The Financial Services business is segmented into two tribes:
- Engage & Leads – seeking to unlock our audience leadership position to drive a compelling and engaging digital home loans experience.
- Fulfillment/Broker – working to have the best broker operation in Australia underpinned by technologies that drive productivity and efficiency.
This role fits into the Fulfillment/Broker side of the business, called Smartline. In this role you will be leading one of our technology teams (across 2-3 locations) who support our modern cloud based broker platform, commissions platform and legacy broker platform that we are actively decommissioning. This is a complex, dynamic and fast paced environment with significant focus as it forms a key enabler of our three year Financial Services strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Form a part of the IT leadership team for Financial Services, and be jointly accountable for its health, happiness and performance.
- Positively contribute to the culture of your team, build engagement and morale, be involved in recruiting, set structure and processes and build and maintain a high performing team.
- Line management responsibility for up to 8 REA team members (across Sydney and Melbourne), who will require you to mentor them, identify skill gaps, establish development plans and conduct performance reviews.
- Work collaboratively with our partners who will operate as an extension of your team.
- Responsible for your teams capital and operational expenses in line with the Financial Services Budget
- Facilitate and drive the end to end delivery of initiatives across two cross-functional and distributed agile teams.
- Take the lead at the inception phase to ensure that initiatives are scoped, planned and resourced appropriately.
- Work closely with our Product team to facilitate scope and priority conversations.
- Be responsible for the day to day operations of the team, balancing platform health and custodianship with the delivery of new features.
- Report to steering committee, keep senior stakeholders up to ELT informed and manage risks and issues.
- Manage external and internal delivery dependencies.
- Provide advice and thought leadership to ensure successful design and implementation of technology strategies that align with Group and wider REA Strategies.
- Work with our Tech Leads and Architects to assess new technologies and ensure our technology decisions align to REA best practice and can be operationalised.
- Work with the Executive Manager, Engineering to manage, negotiate and execute on any third party related IT Services and or Products relating to the Tribe
- You will use your extensive experience to make an impactful contribution to REA beyond your immediate stream of work. You will take an active role in mentoring others and will make a contribution to the Delivery and broader Tech communities to continue to improve our capabilities.
What we’re after:
- Practical knowledge of agile software delivery methodologies
- 5+ years of experience leading technology projects using broad range of agile methodologies and in a variety of settings, including distributed teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced leadership, coordination, motivational, negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Advanced project management skills, ideally with program management experience.
- Good understanding of web technologies and complex systems.
- Advanced skills and experience in line managing and mentoring people
- Technical experience in software development projects as a developer, business analyst or similar highly desirable.
But we don’t just look for someone based on their skills and expertise. It’s our connection, acceptance and genuine care for each other that makes REA a great place to work. That means you also need to be:
- Savvy minded and can think a little left of field / outside the box
- A strong and creative communicator
- Fiendly, approachable and have good relationship management skills
- An avid supporter of our fully inclusive culture - we celebrate difference and ensure that everyone belongs
The REA experience
The physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our people is something we’ll never stop caring about. This is a place to learn and grow. We’re committed to your development – both professionally and personally. Your experience with us is something we take seriously.
- A n industry-leading tech culture, with guilds focusing on everything from technical leadership and security, to functional programming and devops
- Onsite/online health and wellbeing programs, including yoga and meditation classes, and weekly massages
- Because We Care program which includes volunteer leave and community grants, to ensure you have the opportunity to give back to your community
- An additional day of leave just for your birthday
- A flexible working environment meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (and yes, our leaders fully understand the flexible working policy)
- Industry leading gender-neutral parental leave
Keep reading please...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to apply when they tick every box. So, if you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick all the boxes we still want to hear from you. We would love to have a chat.
If you like the sound of us, then we think you should apply today. We're proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant. While we're looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a bit more through our various social channels.
We are an Australian-based digital media company with a passion for real estate.
Our leading brand is Australia’s biggest property resource, realestate.com.au. We also operate the number one commercial property site, realcommercial.com.au, and have businesses that help property developers and other brands advertise with us. Whilst we live in Australia, we’ve also got ventures in Asia and North America, and have the vision of expanding our footprint further. Everything we do is driven by our purpose to ‘change the way the world experiences property’ – from product innovation to our international investments.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: