Technology Advisory- Director
Apply now Job no: 511642
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Division: Management Consulting
- Got big plans for your career? Ours are even bigger
- Interested in a career beyond technology architecture, design, implementation or project management?
- With a diverse range of projects, we’ll have you working with Australia’s most respected companies from day one.
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
The Technology Advisory team is growing to meet an increasing demand from a broad range of industries that need support in solving challenges that intersect business and technology. From technology transformation to IT strategy development, technology architecture, IT operating model evolution, IT deals and more.
Our work sees us engaging with a range of senior business and technology stakeholders. We help organisations to understand the changing technology landscape and leverage disruptive technologies to achieve strategic outcomes.
Our team consists of future-focused IT and business professionals with a range of backgrounds. We come together with a single goal of helping our clients understand and address their challenges with the optimal solutions.
Who you are
You will have an established career as a technology leader or as a senior management consultant. You will act as a leader in a practice area of your specialist expertise for which you are known in the market. You have a strong interest in technology and in maximising its value to business. You have a strong track record of managing or delivering technology change in business and are seeing further opportunities to build on your knowledge and capabilities.
Your new role
We are looking for an exceptional individual with the ability to:
- Lead the delivery of technology consulting engagements across a wide range of technology capabilities.
- Leverage networks, both internal and external, to keep ahead of market trends to share insights and contribute to the knowledge base of the firm.
- Build a portfolio of long-term client relationships and actively works with these clients to negotiate services, project scope and cost.
- Support sales and business development activities by assisting in the identification of new target clients, building business relationships with key executives, and developing/presenting proposals;
- Contribute your expertise to the development of team capabilities and new services for our clients;
- Lead engagements to deliver clear and concise reports and presentations containing meaningful observations and recommendations to clients;
- Provide oversight and leadership to KPMG team members regarding deliverables, project plans, and performance management.
- Support the growth and development of more junior team members through technical training, skills coaching and mentoring.
You bring to the role
- Significant proven experience within technology management consulting in a senior position.
- Broad technology experience may include technology program management, technology strategy, technology architecture, technology implementation, technology procurement or technology consulting.
- A strong understanding of the role that technology plays in business and the current challenges being faced by enterprise technology leaders.
- Demonstrated deep expertise across the following disciplines:
- Business requirements and problem analysis
- Strategy development (business and/or technology)
- Technology architecture (any domain – infrastructure, application, data etc.)
- IT operating model design and implementation
- Demonstrated ability to apply structured thinking and analysis techniques to complex and ambiguous problems.
- Experience and strong networks within key business sectors such as government, financial services, retail or others.
- Ability to establish relationship plans to build and sustain effective senior level management relationships.
- Application of in-depth expert knowledge to support effective decision-making and outcomes, anticipating and managing risks.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, client management, project management/delivery, and business development success.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification/s.
What we offer you
KPMG is one of the world's leading professional services networks. It comprises over 155,000 people in member firms in more than 155 countries. We bring our clients the best minds and the deepest industry experiences from across the KPMG network of firms. We provide a culture of learning and support in which professionals can flourish and discover their true potential.
KPMG needs and values diversity. It makes us a more vibrant and interesting place in which to work. It makes us a stronger, smarter, more innovative and responsive organisation and it's central to our culture. We've been named by the Australia Government's EOWA as an Employer of Choice for Women for six consecutive years, and rank fourth in the Australian Workplace Equality Index. We have world-class women's only development programs and networking events to ensure we retain all of our talent including women, and now have 50 percent female managers across the firm.
At KPMG we offer you:
- Ongoing learning and career development opportunities, including global secondments.
- The ability to collaborate and link across borders and globally with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business.
- The ability to be involved in KPMG's support of numerous organisations in the areas of education, social inclusion and health including our Reconciliation Action Plan and Global Green Initiative.
- A culture focused on agile, collaborative working environments supported by cutting edge technology and virtual systems.
Go Beyond Your Potential. Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 12 Mar 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 30 Apr 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Update your details, view your application and progress >> Login
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: