Mediacom | Digital Director (Contract)
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally.
We are currently looking for a Digital Director to join us on a contract basis. This role is open to remote working.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the digital function, providing a vision, outlining opportunities and setting the digital roadmap for the team. The Director will provide digital consultation to senior clients e.g CMO’s (along with Client Leads) addressing business concerns and opportunities. The Director will provide digital thought leadership, best practice and innovation internally and to our clients, influencing and inspiring our people to ensure we have great digital talent and skillsets delivering great work.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Group Digital Director
3 best things about the job:
1. A fun environment and an agency that encourages work life balance and a social culture.
2. Great clients who empower us to think outside the square
3. An abundance of training with a strong focus on supporting both personal and professional growth
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Fully up to speed with the digital needs of the clients at MediaCom
- Working with teams to respond to briefs ensuring that the MediaCom digital product is brought to life
- Effectively managing the digital implementation team directly reporting into you as well as team members within specialist teams, ensuring that all campaign KPIs are managed and met
- Actively participating in agency updates and publisher meetings, getting up to speed with all digital deals, tools and data
- Leading the digital thinking cross MediaCom client campaigns
- Sharing learnings from the campaigns, providing ideas/opportunities to further develop the implementation and sharing these with both the internal team and the external clients
- Established as a key member of the agency by clients, internal team, GroupM and senior publishers; appropriately managing the team and building relationships on MediaCom behalf with publishers
In twelve months:
- Adding additional value alongside leadership of the digital strategy and implementation of client campaigns; ensuring the MediaCom team are delivering the best digital strategy, implementation and investment service possible
- Actively managing the development of key team members; providing on the job and off the job training and ensuring that development KPI’s are met
- Identifying new product opportunities for MediaCom as a business that are relevant to our clients
- Identifying new client opportunities and working with the pitch team to win these pieces of business
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Proactively planning and implementing digital development and growth of the client
- Using Pathmatics - gathering competitor information to lead digital strategy and touchpoint plans
- Using Nielsen answers to lead digital strategy and touchpoint plans
- Developing strategy and digital channel recommendations
- Briefing in digital managers and executives on planning and buying campaigns
- Compiling monthly expenditure trackers and assisting in deal delivery conversations across publishers, Account Management and Product teams.
- Using Spectra and Matrix to check loadings and spend tracking
- Overseeing planning and implementation of Product and Content & Partnership teams to ensure alignment with overall strategy
- Managing overall output and workflow of the team
- Supporting the Client Lead and Investment Director on all client contract negotiations helping to drive results for the client
- Ensuring delivery of a digital solution which is relevant to the client’s business/brand by working with the planning team to fine tune budget allocation, weights, phasing, site mix with creation of the media plan
- Identifying appropriate connection points against which an idea can be holistically exploited - converting thinking and ideas into media plans
- Roll out and implementation of GroupM digital initiatives
What you’ll bring:
- Extensive experience in client communication and management, working with senior client stakeholders (eg. Head of Digital, Group Digital Director )
- Experience managing multiple brands/clients in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create/interpret content and clearly communicate to senior client stakeholders
- Able to work to get the best from every member of the team, motivating the team to over-deliver against client expectation
- Experience managing process-driven client requirements
- Ability to provide strategic digital direction across multiple brands (eg. brands with 5+ products)
- Experience in Digital Transformation projects (eg. using 1st party data, customer journey mapping)
- Understanding of the role of channels to meet business objectives
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world’s largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: