A fantastic opportunity has arisen to become part of the Gippsland Community Legal Services Program, to help improve access to justice for all members of the Gippsland Community by providing legal advice and advocacy, empowering individual and groups through community education, and to remove system injustice by advocating for law reform. Community Lawyer/Paralegal
- Rewarding and valued position
- Be part of a program that empowers individuals
- 12 months, part time
- Ensure the provision of a range of legal services associated with the role; including family violence intervention orders, case management of files, statistics, information, advice, referrals and representation at court
- Undertake professional practice and program development activities in order to promote best practice, law reform, research, education and the ongoing quality improvement of the service
- Maintain administrative aspects of the role
- Hold, or be eligible to hold, a practising certificate under the Legal Profession Uniform Law Application Act 2014
- Ability to undertake a range of legal work relevant to disadvantaged clients, including family law, family violence, tenancy, employment, mental health, infringements, debts, and administrative law.
- Have resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma.
- High level of written and verbal communication
- Ability to use initiative, follow instructions, set priorities, organise and manage workload and work vigorously to achieve goals.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: