Emergency Safety Officer (Eso) - Contract
Our client is a world class metal & mining company working on various developments and explorations across the globe. They strive for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards, and overall operational excellence. They are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity.
- Maintain emergency equipment condition and operability in accordance with OEM specifications;
- Maintain fire and evacuation plans and support the delivery of respective training of site personnel in responding to these plans;
- Record emergency training attendance and competencies
- Maintain the Site Emergency Contact List;
- Monitor, operate, inspect and coordinate maintenance of site emergency response systems including but not limited to fire systems, lightning warning systems and alert/evacuation systems; and
- Execute a schedule of planned evacuations for the operations and ensure they are executed, debriefed and actions tracked to completion.
- Develop and implement contingency plans for periods when primary Fire Appliance is offline for servicing and maintenance;
- Undertake day-to-day maintenance of primary and secondary Fire Appliances and Equipment;
- Maintain a register of on-shift ERT members, and advise the Duty Manager if ERT manning is insufficient to provide the required level of response; and
- Undertake reviews and approve rescue plans for high-risk operational work.
- Support maintenance of EMT skills and response preparedness via delivery of regular on-site EMT training
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualified in health, safety, engineering or related field or;
- Extensive operational experience in the resource industry preferred.
- Health and Safety professional or passionate operational leader
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced ESO to work with a major asset owner on a contract residential role with a rotating roster in Tasmania. The role is available immediately.
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the 'apply' button. If you require further information, please contact Alen Kuriakose on 03 9864 6000.
To view all Bayside Personnel job opportunities visit www.baysidepersonnel.com.au
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: