Australian Red Cross Blood Service
Permanent Part Time - 30 hours per weekRotating roster based on centre opening timesMidland Donor Centre
One in three Australians will need blood in their lifetime. At the Australian Red Cross Blood Service, we’re entrusted with collecting, processing and delivering this vital supply. We also provide a range of other services to the healthcare sector related to transplantation and immunogenetics, testing, consulting, education and research. We’re proudly in the business of saving lives.
Within a professional and close knit team, you will assist in the management and clinical leadership of the team and provide an excellent service to our amazing blood donors. You will evaluate donors by medical assessment, collect whole blood donations and samples. You will also collect plasma and platelet donations via apheresis, ensuring the donation process is friendly, effective and efficient. Your enthusiastic customer service and caring nature will make the donors want to continue donating.
You will have:
• Current registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
• Previous experience as a Registered Nurse with general nursing experience
• Demonstrated team management and leadership abilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills that relate to donors and team members
• Experience of supporting and coaching team members in clinical matters
• Ability to speak Vietnamese (desirable but not essential)
You will also be:
• Passionate about delivering great customer service
• Excellent at adapting to change in a regulated environment
• Great with detail, working under pressure and problem solving
• Computer savvy and able to multi task
Your dedication and hard work will be rewarded with:
• Structured training, coaching and support
• Generous salary packaging benefits
• Corporate rates for private health insurance
If you are successful in progressing in our recruitment process, you will be required to consent to the Blood Service completing a range of probity, identity, integrity and credentialing checks, including but not limited to a police record check, qualifications verification, medical assessment and employment history checks
The Blood Service is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
The opening times for the centre can be used as an indicative guide to hours of work.
For further details on this position please contact the Talent Acquisition Team via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note applications are not able to be accepted via this email address.
Applications for this role close Sunday 27 January 2019 at 5:00pm.
Rolse Statement Opens in new window
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: