Food Service Advisor
St John of God Health Care
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is a leading health care provider, with private and public hospitals, home nursing and Social Outreach services throughout Australia.
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
Exciting changes are happening at St John of God Subiaco Hospital, with a wider focus on customer service delivery and satisfaction from our Catering Services Department. This is your opportunity to be involved in achieving a successful a-la-carte room service trial as a Food Service Advisor, by utilising your previous food handling and customer service skills in order to provide outstanding service to patients and their loved ones.
The ability to communicate and engage with patients is essential as you will be responsible for (but not limited to) distributing and collecting menu forms, discussing specialised diets and menu options, and setting up patients rooms for candlelit dinners, or room service delivery.
This position will be offered on a casual basis. Successful applicants will have flexible availability to cover a range of shift times from 6:30am to 11:30pm Monday to Sunday.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- A high level of customer service skills including flexibility, tact and diplomacy, with demonstrated experience in a previous customer service environment.
- Experience in food handling, catering, and/or hospitality.
- Well-developed computer skills with working knowledge of a range of MS Office packages.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to individuals and groups including senior management, caregivers, external professional service providers, our clients, and the general public.
- Salary Packaging
- Flexible Work Options
- Professional Development
- Travel Green Allowance, or subsidised car parking available.
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: