- Be part of a team that is shaping our architecture and increasing the quality of our decision making for our customers
- Work within an end-to-end banking operation, leveraging our parent company CBA
- Our organisation is leading the way through Agile practices
Do work that matters:
At Bankwest, we attribute our ongoing success to our customer-focused people and vibrant culture. We promote flexibility to balance your work and home life and ensure you achieve your career goals and personal needs. Bankwest is adopting new ways of working and embracing new technologies to meet rapidly changing customer needs in todays digital economy.
Bankwest Technology and Transformation division develops and executives all technical change within the organisation. With the largest technology function in Western Australia, we are striving to be the most productive, agile and customer focused technology and operations team in the world. We want to be known for being vibrant, collaborative, innovative, trusted and courageous. It's how we support the business achieve our vision.
What Success looks like:
You will be part of the Bankwest team where we strive to deliver what matters to our customers. Enjoy working with friendly colleagues in an environment where you feel like your contribution really counts. You will be in a team to deliver software applications in Bankwest, including their Architecture, Design, Development, Testing, Releasing, Configuration, Support and Maintenance.
You will be part of an innovative program of work with the support of a great team using User Experience (UX) design, API development, continuous delivery and Agile methodology.
- As an IT Specialist in our Delivery and Engineering team, you will ensure all technical solutions align to strategy and lead team to drive business out comes
- Guide & mentor other colleagues, junior and senior, in best practices of software development
As a developer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing PL/I code as part of a wider API Development Team
- Ensuring quality is built in writing tests alongside all code developed
- Ensuring that the team delivers quality outcomes within the committed time-frames
- Collaborating and communicating with delivery stakeholders and working without supervision
We are interested in hearing from people who have:
- 5+ years demonstrated commercial experience in mainframe environment
- Extensive experience in COBOL , PL/I, CICS, JCL, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, DB2 /SQL
- Good understanding of DB2 performance
- Experience with unit testing, automated testing
- Sharing knowledge, analytical and problem solving ability and working in an Agile delivery approach
- Data modelling, security testing, REST API, JSON, continuous delivery are desirable skills
You can be you:
Were committed to building a respectful, inclusive and diverse workplace, reflecting the customers and communities we serve. As a values driven organization, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in improving the financial wellbeing of people and communities.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: