Registered Nurse/clinical Nurse | Regional Support | Metro North
The Bethanie Group is the largest not for profit provider of aged care services and retirement villages in Western Australia, providing over 60 years of professional care services between Geraldton and Bunbury.
We are seeking an Experienced Registered Nurse to join the team in this exciting and dynamic role to provide support cover as a Registered Nurse or Clinical Nurse across our Aged Care Homes in the Perth North metropolitan area. This is a critical role for Bethanie as the encumbent will provide support at a number of our sites, including the ability to provide assistance in Bethanie’s head office as required. You will be reporting in to one of Bethanie’s Residential management team in the first instance. At times, you may be required to work in a “higher duties” capacity. However, a significant amount of your time will be spent working as a Registered Nurse “on the floor”.
Our RN’s and CN’s in consultation with the Site Manager are responsible for the effective Clinical Care of our Residents, and engaging with families/carers/friends to ensure resident centric care is provided. Supervision, direction, support and leadership of nursing and care/support staff will also be required.
This role requires an experienced senior Registered Nurse or Clinical Nurse who is caring, dynamic and flexible and is able to provide strong leadership & interpersonal communication skills to the clinical staff. This is a hands-on role in which the successful applicant will lead and develop the teams to ensure they deliver high quality care to all clients.
This is a variable position offering between 60.8 to 76 hours per fortnight. To be considered for the role you will be required to be flexible in your availability to cover a range of shifts (morning, afternoon and evening) from Monday to Sunday.
- Takes immediate action to ensure nursing care is delivered in a safe and effective manner providing direction to enrolled nurses and care workers
- Directs and coordinates care given by care workers and enrolled nurses
- Completes assessment and/or admission requirements
- Ensures care plan changes reflect any change of care recipient’s condition
- Maintains an effective referral system to senior nursing staff, medical staff and/or allied health staff
- Ensures that clinical records reflect care, in line with all accreditation standards and legislative requirements
- Provides coaching/mentoring/training to staff along when required
- Willingness to uphold the Mission, Vision and Values of The Bethanie Group Inc
- Currently registered as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Relevant Clinical experience in the Aged Care environment including a solid understanding of the Aged Care Accreditation Standards
- Proven leadership skills within a clinical setting
- Knowledge of and experience with ACFI documentation
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, with confidence to use Microsoft Office packages and clinical information systems
- The ability to think analytically
- Proven clinical report writing skills
- Empathy for the aged and a passion for working with the elderly
- A “can-do” attitude
- Current Police Clearance, or willingness to obtain one
At Bethanie, we recognise that our employees are central to the culture and success of our organisation and we are committed to being an employer of choice
- Employee benefits including Salary Packaging up to $15,899pa. Salary Packaging allows you to pay for your expenses with money from your salary before tax is taken out. Pay less tax, and your take home pay increases
- Strong focus on organisational culture within an enthusiastic team environment – You’re Among Friends
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee Benefits including JB Hi-Fi discounts and Health Insurance benefits
Please click on the Apply Link to upload your resume before the closing date. We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date. If you require any further information please contact our Careers team on 13 11 51.
We respectfully request agencies not to forward unsolicited resumes unless requested.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: