Community Support Worker - Relief Worker
Brisbane City, QLD
Community Support Worker – Relief Worker
- Salary packaging plus 9.5% superannuation
- Mackay QLD Location
About the Company
Mind Australia Limited is a leading community managed specialist mental health service provider. We have been supporting people dealing with the day-to-day impacts of mental illness, as well as their families, friends and carers for 40 years.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity to work alongside customers on their recovery journey, delivering high quality, recovery oriented, direct psycho-social support through individual and group work to customers and their families and carers. The Mackay Step up Step down (SUSD) is a short term sub-acute residential service (up to 28 days) with recovery focused mental health support to assist clients to transition out of hospital, or for those requiring extra support who are coming from the community, to avoid a hospital admission.
- Work within a 24 hour 7 day per week rotating roster including weekends and sleepover shifts
- Support customers to learn or re-learn skills and strategies necessary to live independent and fulfilling lives in the community, supporting relationships with families and carers and connect to their community
- Implementing positive behaviour support strategies and completing behaviour recording tools in line with legislative requirements
- Contribute to daily operations of the service by undertaking a range of housekeeping duties
- Be resilient, responsive and proactive, actively cooperating and contributing to team discussions with a focus on solutions
Skills & experience
- Minimum Certificate IV in Mental Health, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or other health related field as designated by Mind
- First aid required or a willingness to obtain
- Model resourcefulness and a positive, solution focused approach to a changing environment
- Develop rapport and trusting relationships with clients, support clients through transition processes and help them to build networks to achieve their goals
Mind Australia is committed to diversity and social inclusion. We welcome applications from Indigenous Australians, people with a lived experience of mental ill health and recovery, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Salary packaging
- 9.5% superannuation
- Supportive team environment
- Flexible work arrangements
- Career & development opportunities
How to apply
To obtain a position description and apply online visit www.mindaustralia.org.au/jobs - reference number 11725. Online applications must be submitted by Friday 18 January 2019.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: