Food Services Assistant
Arcare Aged Care
Brisbane City, QLD
FOOD SERVICED ASSISTANT (Barista)
Casual Position available
Location: Arcare Springwood – 99 Cinderella Drive, Springwood, QLD 4127
Closing Date: 24.01.2019
Job Reference: 17551
With our first aged care residence constructed in 1997, Arcare has become one of the most innovative aged care providers in Australia. We currently have 37 5-star residences throughout Victoria, New South Wales and South-East Queensland.
Our residents are supported by our innovative relationship-focused approach to celebrating and supporting old age. This approach is driven by our Arcare values; Relationships, Uniqueness, Partnerships and Flexibility.
The value of relationships in all of our stakeholders’ lives led to the development of our Dedicated Staff Assignment model, an approach which completely transforms the way that care and support are provided.
Our internationally renowned Dedicated Staff Assignment sees staff working with the same small number of residents every day. This continuity allows for deep and trusting relationships to develop between residents, employees and families; and this is what makes Arcare a recognised leader in resident care globally.
The primary role of this position is to support Café staff with Barista duties, and support for the Café by provide residents, families and staff with assistance in the delivery of meals across the residence, in line with service standards and the Food Safety Program guidelines.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Provide customers quality barista services
- Delivery of meals across dining areas within a residence.
- Ability to work with other catering staff and assist with the preparation of basic food if required or directed by supervisor.
- Provide support for function planning and delivery.
- Ensure the catering facilities cleaning schedule is adhered to.
- Assist customers in line with service standards, following the Food Safety Program guidelines
- Model and demonstrate extensive knowledge of Arcare’s Values, Relationship-centred model of care and Senses-framework.
Essential Qualification required are:
- Previous experience in a barista environment
- Relevant Industry Training – Food Handling and Hygiene Certificate
- Certificate II or III in barista or equivalent
To join our team, apply at www.arcare.com.au/careers
All Arcare sites are smoke free. All applicants are required to undergo a National Police Record Check
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: